Get a card to borrow books, ebooks, DVDs, and digital content

MPL cards are free to households living or owning property within the City of Maryville property taxing district. Please bring a photo ID and two pieces of mail or other paperwork (lease, checkbook, etc.) that show your current address. Complete the attached application or come in and fill one out at the circulation desk.

Borrower’s Agreement

Library card application

For those living outside of the City of Maryville’s taxing district, the same application, photo ID, and proof of address are needed, along with a $68 annual fee that covers all cardholders in the household. That amount is based upon what the library receives in property tax revenue from those living within the City’s taxing district.

For Nodaway County households who are food-stamp eligible, the Friends and Foundation of the Maryville Public Library will pay for your household card. Bring in a photo ID, with your proof of current residency, along with your food-stamp (EBT) card.

If you are unsure of your City residency status, give us a call at (660) 582-5281.

For all kids living in a Nodaway County or Maryville School District, we offer fee-free, fine-free kids cards that allow each child to borrow up to three age-appropriate items at a time. Ages birth to 17 are eligible.

myfirstlibrarycard.       Kids,youthfinefreecardapplication