Library soliciting bids for Facility Condition Assessment by qualified structural engineers, bids due June 28.
The Maryville Public Library, located at 509 North Main, Maryville, Missouri is seeking bids from qualified structural engineering firms for a facility condition assessment and report for the property of Maryville Public Library to include the 109-year-old limestone building, its 2000 stucco addition, and the .4 acre lot at that address.
The primary purpose of this project is to ensure a safe building for the public and staff to use as a functioning library and community space both in terms of structural integrity and air quality. Also of primary importance is to provide a comprehensive written report to assist the Library’s Board of Trustees in budgeting for maintenance, repairs, and replacement, capital planning, and risk management. Of secondary value is a determination of the property’s replacement value.
Scope of Work: The project will include but not be limited to
- An onsite inspection and report regarding the structural integrity and condition of the building, including the heavy timber roof and ceiling supports in the original 1912 structure; the basement and foundation; and the two-story 2001 children’s silo which functions as a play area.
- Working with the Library Director, this report should also include a forecast of the effective lifespan and replacement cost of assets, including roofing, electrical, lighting, and HVAC systems.
- The inspection should include the identification of building code and electrical code deficiencies that need to be corrected.
- A Level 1 Energy Audit through a site inspection and assessment of energy bills. The final report should identify no-cost or low-cost energy saving opportunities and a general summary of potential capital improvements that could provide energy savings.
- An investigation and report of property-wide water management, and suggestions for prevention of water intrusion and mold growth should be included.
- Inspection of ventilation systems in attic and basement should be included with comments included in the final report.
- The 1912 structure is believed to contain a limited amount of asbestos tile and lead paint. The inspection and subsequent report should include advice on continued abatement or remediation of those materials.
- Miscellaneous Provisions
- Notice of award is anticipated to be made no later than July 13, 2022.
- The building will remain occupied throughout this project. Contractor will make arrangements with the Library Director to inspect the site generally within library operating hours, and around public library operations.
Factors to be considered in choosing the bid:
- Relevant qualifications, experience, and references that attest to the firm’s quality in the performance of similar work.
- The ability to begin and complete all onsite work on or before September 15, 2022. Please Note: The library’s goal is project completion by September 15, but requests for extended timelines will be considered.
- Overall cost.
Bid information must include:
- A completed Bid Sheet (Exhibit A) indicating a lump sum amount for the base bid and lump sum amounts for any additional options.
- Capacity and capability of the firm to complete the work by September 15, 2022.
- A summary of relevant experience and contact information for at least three references that can testify to the firm’s past performance with respect to quality of work, control of costs, and ability to meet schedules.
- A brief description of qualifications of key staff and proposed methods and industry standards to be used in this project.
- A cost breakdown between labor and materials.
- Identification of all subcontractors.
- Any applicable warranty information.
- A signature and date.
Before a contract is awarded the following shall also be submitted:
- Proof of Worker’s Compensation Insurance and Liability Insurance ($1,000,000 for each occurrence and $2,000,000 general aggregate.
All bidders shall comply with the requirements of Section 285.530 RSMo, E-Verify.
Bidders are required to inspect the site before submitting a bid. Bidders shall coordinate date and time of any site visit with the Director in advance.
|Activity||Due date and time|
|RFP Release||June 14|
|Bids due||June 28|
|Anticipated date of award||July 13|
|Work completed and Final Report due||September 15 or agreed-upon date.|
Sealed bids should be submitted no later than 5 p.m. CST on June 28, 2022 to the Maryville Public Library, 509 North Main, Maryville, MO 64468. For additional information, contact Stephanie Patterson at firstname.lastname@example.org or Scott Kuhlemeyer at email@example.com.
The Maryville Public Library has the right to refuse any or all bids and to waive all informalities in bids.
The Maryville Public Library is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Bidders may withdraw their bid at any time prior to scheduled closing time for receipt of bids, but no bidder may withdraw their bid for a period of sixty (60) calendar days after the scheduled closing time for receipt of bids.