Library is open, City ordinance requires masks for 10 and up.
- Effective July 22, 2020, face coverings are required for all patrons and visitors over the age of nine (9) to Maryille Public Library. This measure is taken in order to comply with the Maryville City Ordinance recently adopted by the Maryville City Council requiring all persons ten (10) years old or older to wear a covering for both nose and mouth while inside public facilities. Accommodations can be made for individuals who cannot wear a mask due to certain health conditions.
Other considerations when visiting:
- Patrons are asked to not return materials to the front desk, but instead use the designated red quarantine bin on the main floor or the exterior book drop to the left of the north entrance. Currently, all returned materials are quarantined 5 days before staff check-in.
- Full access cardholders are limited to 12 items per household to accommodate the book quarantine protocol. Library card expiration dates have been pushed forward to August 1 for cards set to expire between January 1 and July 31, 2020.
- All cardholders are asked to have their library card or a photo ID ready at checkout.
- Computer and WiFi network users are limited to 4 hours of use per day to support social distancing guidelines recommended by Nodaway County Health Department and set by the City of Maryville.
- Library computers continue to be self-serve for those who have been issued a username/password. Computer assistance is available by appointment and requires staff to remain 6 feet away from the patron.
- Conference room use is by appointment only and temporarily limited to two-three persons at a time. Test proctoring remains by appointment only.