Library seeking bids for landscaping maintenance contract, Bids due June 1
The Maryville Public Library, located at 509 North Main, Maryville, Missouri is seeking bids for the maintenance of approximately 2,623 square feet of landscape along the south and west sides of the library property on 5th and Main Streets. Regular mowing, edging, weeding, pruning, fertilization, mulching, and any necessary insect management and irrigation of turf, perennial shrubs and trees is included within the scope of work, as is general cleanup and hauling off of yard waste. The primary objective of this work is to help support the investment of Maryville property taxpayers in maintaining a safe, welcoming, and attractive facility in which to provide library service to the public.
Factors to be considered in choosing the bid:
- The ability to begin the work within a 30 calendar-day period agreed upon between the library and the contractor.
- Overall cost, with a breakout between labor and materials. (This project is NOT subject to Missouri Prevailing Wage Law.)
- The testimonies of at least two references regarding the reliability and quality of work performed by the company.
Bid information must include:
- Contact information for 2-3 references that can testify to the firm’s past performance with respect to quality of work, control of costs, and ability to meet schedules.
- A cost breakdown between labor and materials.
- Contact information for the firm’s liability/workman’s comp insurance provider. Contractor should carry full workers’ compensation insurance coverage for all people employed by the Contractor to perform work on this project. This insurance must be in the amount of One Million Dollars ($1,000,000) for each accident, illness, disease or such other amount that may be required by the most current laws of the State of Missouri, whichever is greater. Contractor must maintain employer’s liability insurance in an amount not less than One Million Dollars ($1,000,000).
- A signature and date.
Bidders are required to inspect the site before submitting a bid. Please contact Stephanie Patterson at firstname.lastname@example.org or (660)582-5281 to set up a time to inspect the site.
Proposals should be submitted at the library desk or through the north book drop no later than 5 p.m. CST on Monday, June 1, 2020 to the Maryville Public Library, 509 North Main, Maryville, MO 64468. Proposals can also be emailed to email@example.com For additional information, contact Stephanie Patterson or Wilma Henggeler at that email address or at (660) 582-5281.
The Maryville Public Library maintains the right to refuse any or all bids.
The Maryville Public Library is an Equal Opportunity Employer.