Library reopens 9 a.m.–1 p.m. Mon-Sat with new limits in place.
Maryville Public Library is happy to announce that the doors are open again to the public from 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. Mondays through Saturdays. To support a healthy environment for all patrons and staff, the following limits and new procedures are currently in place:
- Patrons are asked to not return materials to the front desk, but instead use the designated red quarantine bin on the main floor or the exterior book drop to the left of the north entrance. Currently, all returned materials are quarantined 2-3 days before staff check-in.
- Full access cardholders are limited to 12 items per household to accommodate the book quarantine protocol. Library card expiration dates have been pushed forward to August 1 for cards set to expire between January 1 and July 31, 2020.
- All cardholders are asked to have their library card or a photo ID ready at checkout.
- Computer and WiFi network users are limited to 1-2 hours of use per day to support social distancing guidelines recommended by Nodaway County Health Department and set by the City of Maryville.
- Library computers continue to be self-serve for those who have been issued a username/password. Patrons needing assistance may be required by staff to wear a face mask covering mouth and nose.
- Other than for one-on-one computer help, face masks are not required in the library, but are sincerely appreciated by library staff.
- Conference room use is by appointment only and temporarily limited to two-three persons at a time. Test proctoring remains by appointment only.