Pre-register for Summer Reading Program
Want to avoid lines at the library and have your kids ready to take off reading when Summer Reading Program starts May 29? Planning to be out of town when Summer Reading Program begins? Maryville Public Library is pleased to announce the launch of Beanstack, which allows patrons to register themselves and their children under one account on-line. Registering takes under 5 minutes and is easy to do by going to maryvillepubliclibrary.beanstack.org. Maryville Public Library members can sign up and use Beanstack from their home computer, mobile device, or in the library.
In this web-based, mobile-friendly service, patrons can track the number of books, time they read, and activities completed to participate in programs such as Summer Reading Program and 1,000 Books before Kindergarten. Beanstack will give the Summer Reading Program participants the opportunity to electronically track their progress and receive notifications when prizes are ready to pick up. It also means a reading log cannot be lost like a paper one.
- Type maryvillepubliclibrary.beanstack.org into your address bar online.
- Click on Register an individual or family
- Registration will ask for the Account Creator (parent’s) information first; then the children’s.
- Grade should be for Fall 2018. For adults and babies choose Not applicable.
- Once you have registered everyone for Beanstack, they will be placed in one of the Reader’s Beanstack pages. You can then access them by clicking on “Change Reader” and going to the appropriate person.
If you enjoy keeping a record of what you or your children have read, you can log right away. The books will not count toward the program until May 29. For those in 1,000 Books Before Kindergarten, you can just put in a bulk number of books that have been read and keep logging in Beanstack from here forward. It will give you credit for the ones read before Beanstack began and will log for Summer Reading Program and 1,000 Books simultaneously once Summer Reading Program begins.
For more information, call 660-582-5281 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.